The Columbia Basin Watershed Network works by linking members together with other members and with the supports they need.
CBWN Member Events
CBWN Spring Meeting & AGM
The CBWN Spring Meeting and Second Annual AGM took place Apr 20, in Creston.
To view the Meeting notes and AGM minutes, please click here.
September 23, 2017
The Front Room, Nelson
- Regional approaches to drinking water in Newfoundland, Vincent Chiref and Kelly Vodden, Memorial
- CBWN Member group updates Watersheds, Andrew Gage, West Coast Environmental Law
- Professional Reliance and Environmental Regulation in British Columbia: Expert opinion and policy decisions: Review of Haddock 2017
2017 Spring Member Meeting & AGM
- Results from CBWN Member Survey (please complete survey by 15th May – here.)
- Sustainable funding for watershed stewardship: partnerships, sources of value, sources of funding
- Presentation and live cast webinar and group discussion of Understanding Basin Water Resources, the recent CBT report by Dr. Martin Carver.
- First Annual AGM of the Columbia Basin Watershed Network Society!
2016 Fall Workshop Series
This year, the CBWN is offering a series of workshops to help our members build their groups’ srengths and to identify opportunities for collaboration with other watershed groups.
We offered three workshops in October. We worked with groups in each area to develop the agenda. The reports from each workshop are here:
Nakusp, October 7
With Arrow Lakes Environmental Society, the Nakusp and Area Watershed Stewardship Society, and the SWAMP program.
Kootenay Lake Region, October 22
With Friends of Kootenay Lake, Salmo Watershed Streamkeepers, Creston Valley Trails, East Shore Trail and Bike, and the East Shore Freshwater Habitat Society. Kootenay Lake Partnership gave a presentation as well.
East Kootenay/Elk Region, October 29
On-going CBWN Membership Support
Want to learn how to get started and get active in protecting the health of watersheds? Call our Coordinator at 250-353-2697, or email cbwn.coordinator (at) gmail.com.
She can help you clarify your goals, find other groups, projects or watersheds similar to yours, and find out what might work for you!
Have a specific project you need funded?
Check out our Grants database for funding source ideas
Contact our Coordinator at cbwn.coordinator (at) gmail.com to discuss collaboration and project support with the Columbia Basin Watershed Network.
For a Letter of Support, we appreciate two weeks notice.
The CBWN offers webinars, workshops, and helps to meet training needs for watershed groups across the Basin. The CBWN also works with others providing training to let everyone know about opportunities! Let us know about your training needs, we are always working with groups that need training or want to give training. We will do our best to link you to useful resources for your group!