CBT releases new report on Watershed Governance
The Lake Windermere Ambassadors are one of the groups highlighted in a new report: Community Engagement in Watershed Governance: Case Studies and Insights From the Upper Columbia River Basin. The report was produced by Living Lakes Canada, the Trust and the University of Victoria’s POLIS Water Sustainability Project.
The report explores current watershed governance issues, opportunities and successes in the Basin, in particular:
- the meaning of watershed governance
- local watershed protection and BC’s new Water Sustainability Act
- how four local watershed groups have contributed to water governance
- insights from the experiences of others in the Basin.
In addition to the Lake Windermere Ambassadors, the report examines these watershed groups:
- Kootenay Lake Partnership
- East Kootenay Integrated Lake Management Partnership
- Elk River Alliance.
Congratulations to the CBT on this report, and all our member groups and partners that participated in the watershed governance efforts and in producing this report.
To access the report, click this link.