The Columbia Basin Watershed Network is made up of the connections between the groups and individuals that are network members. The Network Advisory will work to strengthen these connections and support watershed voices.
The Network Advisory Committee advises the CBWN Board, staff and the CBWN membership on the development and strengthening of the connections and capacities of the watershed network.
Develop and strengthen the networking capacity and connections of CBWN members.
Create contact opportunities, provide an information hub and develop CBWN membership.
Evaluate and assess the role and contributions of the CBWN across the Basin.
- Advise CBWN Board on the status and health of the watershed network and assist CBWN Board in setting network priorities;
- Assist network members in articulating priorities for the region and for the membership, including opportunities for collaboration, planning, participation in decision-making, and communications.
- Assist network in articulating priority issues for the region and for CBWN members such as water quality and quantity monitoring, citizen science, the Water Sustainability Act, the Columbia River Treaty, watershed policy, and climate change.
- Advise on CBWN regional workshops and the AGM and Spring Meeting, incorporating the contributions of the Science Advisory and Watershed Education Committees as appropriate.
- Advise on new CBWN partnerships, membership recruitments, and strengthening subregional partnerships.
Email Senior Manager Kristin Aasen for more information – cbwn.coordinator (at) gmail.com